Good morning everyone! Welcome to the All-Star Break lull: the time where literally nothing is happening — there aren’t even many minor league games to hold your attention! These can be really trying times for some, but hopefully some fresh links will help brighten your day.
In Mariners news...
- This is pretty terrific.
The All-Star Game not counting anymore rules because Nelson Cruz made Yadier Molina take a photo of him with Joe West pic.twitter.com/byQLiUTc65— SB Nation MLB (@SBNationMLB) July 12, 2017
- In case you missed it, Robinson Cano was named the All-Star Game MVP after hitting a go-ahead homer in the 10th. Here is a barrage of tweets that should make you feel good.
Robinson Cano's 105.6 MPH HR off Wade Davis was the 2nd hardest hit ball off Davis this year... pic.twitter.com/5wW5OwyfMI— Daren Willman (@darenw) July 12, 2017
Around the league...
- Didn’t catch the All-Star Game yesterday? Here are five things you may have missed.
- Miss you, Dae-Ho.
- Rob Manfred threw out the idea of the league expanding into Montreal, Charlotte, and Mexico City.
- Marc Normandin doesn’t expect expansion to occur any time in the near future.
- David Schoenfeld found the most interesting thing about each MLB All-Star.
- It’s about time that Major League Baseball universally retires Roberto Clemente’s jersey number.
- The Freeze lost in a race at the All-Star game yesterday.
Whoops. The Freeze came all the way to the All-Star Game to beat some guy in a race ... and lost. pic.twitter.com/jwsZZHp3HZ— John Shea (@JohnSheaHey) July 12, 2017
- Given how much this changes every week, I’m not sure who to trust anymore, but Derek Jeter and Michael Jordan may be purchasing the Marlins.
- Miguel Cabrera is the latest player from Venezuela to speak out about the politically hostile environment in the nation.
- The Ringer ranks the All-Star roster based on how exciting each player is.
- This Philadelphia 76ers stud came away with a pretty cool souvenir.