Good morning folks! Jeez, it feels like it’s been years since I wrote one of these. I had to sit and think for a little bit to remember how to do some of this. Stretching out my writing fingers I suppose. I hope you all had a terrific week! Let’s get you some links to get you ready for the All-Star festivities.
In Mariners news...
- Prospect Insider previews the Mariners’ offense for the second half.
In Mariners minors news...
- Thyago Vieira participated in yesterday’s Futures Game. To the surprise of nobody, he dazzled.
- Kyle Lewis and Nick Neidert placed on Baseball Propsectus’ newest top 100 prospects list.
- Dan Vogelbach was the runner-up in the Triple-A Home Run Derby which took place yesterday.
- The Modesto Nuts faced MadBum in a rehab start yesterday. They only got one run off him, but did prevent him from striking out the beer batter. Modesto eventually won the game, because that’s how the Nuts do.
- Evan White has gotten off to a pretty good start.
Around the league...
- Chris Sale and Max Scherzer are set to square off in today’s All-Star Game.
- Aaron Judge won yesterday’s Home Run Derby, which should surprise literally no one.
- Darren Rovell dives into the marketing aspect behind Judge and what kind of sponsorship offers he’ll get this winter.
- Mike Trout is set to return to action on Friday. When he originally got hurt, he was claiming he’d be back before the All-Star break, which...
- Pitchers’ parks are disappearing, and the rise of the home run in baseball certainly isn’t helping.
- The Chicago White Sox are setting a high price on starter Jose Quintana.
- Mookie Betts piloted a plane that flew Chris Archer and himself to the All-Star Game.
- Check out this great feature on ESPN MLB analyst Jessica Mendoza.