In Mariners news...
- This might be one of the cutest things you’ll see all day.
- Oh, and here’s the best news of all: Kyle Lewis is coming back this weekend! But someone explain to me why he’s rehabbing two levels higher than he played last year.
Mariners top prospect Kyle Lewis recovering from knee surgery. Plan is to begin rehab on Sunday either at Lo-A Clinton or High-A Modesto.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 7, 2017
- In case you missed it, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen’s daughter threw out the first pitch at a Mariners game and it was incredibly cute.
- Marc W gives his take on the Jean Segura extension over at U.S.S. Mariner.
Around the league...
- Mookie Betts made what is probably the most incredible catch you’re going to see all season.
- Rays catcher Derek Norris is currently under MLB investigation for charges of abuse towards his ex-fiancee.
- So is the American League extraordinarily weak this year or extraordinarily strong? And how can we tell the difference?
- A very clever kid at a Tigers game changed out of his Mike Trout jersey to get Miguel Cabrera to notice him.
- Scooter Gennett hit four home runs the other day, which is super weird. But there are weirder things that have happened in baseball.
- Oh, and if you missed it, Gennett’s story about why he’s called “Scooter” has to be one of the greatest things I’ve ever heard.
- The Golden State Warriors won last night in comeback fashion and are now just one win away from an undefeated run in the playoffs.