Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a very pleasant off-day. It’s time for the Mariners to continue their Reign of Terror on the league with a series beginning today against the Twins. While you get ready for the game, here are some links to keep you occupied.
In Mariners news...
- Let’s start you off with some good news, shall we?
First sim game today! Feeling like a different animal.— Kyle Lewis (@KLew_20) June 5, 2017
- Jay Yencich at U.S.S. Mariner provides a primer for the MLB draft.
- Andrew Aplin cleared waivers for the Mariners and will be staying with the Rainiers.
Around the league...
- Eric Longenhagen at Fangraphs offers up his mock for the first round of the upcoming MLB draft.
- Although many players have been vocal about the massive political and social problems in Venezuela, a good number of players also fear speaking out because they don’t want anything bad to happen to their families who are still in the country.
- One thing is for sure: Bryce Harper is going to get a boatload of money when he hits the open market. The question is: how much is a boatload?
- Luis Severino has been a revelation for the Yankees’ starting rotation this season. So, what’s his secret?
- The Rangers are fed up with reliever Sam Dyson, who went from closer to DFA’d in just over a month. A trade involving the righty is basically imminent, according to GM Jon Daniels.
- The rookie ball affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers is planning to hold “hourglass appreciation night” this season, which...yikes.
- In case anyone had doubts that David Ortiz was actually going to stay retired, Papi says he’s living a happy life away from the game.
- The marriage document for Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe just sold for a hefty price.
- “Wonder Woman” has been tearing up the box office since it burst into theaters. I haven’t seen it yet, but The Ringer’s staff does an excellent job of breaking down the film’s impact.