Happy Sunday, friends! The Mariners have won six of seven, the bats are alive, and all is well in the world. We have the privilege of watching day baseball today with a 1:10 PM start against the Rays. Here are a few links to keep you busy before first pitch.
In Mariners News...
- Mike Zunino was a part of history yesterday.
Mike Zunino (@Mariners) hit a grand slam, No. 7 of the day. That is the most grand slams on one day in MLB history (via @EliasSports).— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) June 4, 2017
- 19-year-old Brayan Hernandez has been called up to Tacoma.
- Nelson Cruz hit his 100th home run as a Mariner last night.
#Mariners secure series win— Aaron Goldsmith (@heygoldy) June 4, 2017
Now won 6 of last 7
Outscored opp. 50-21
Zunino GS + 7 RBI
Cruz's 100th Mariners HR
Valencia 7 H last 7 AB
- Kyle Seager has gotten very unlucky on barreled balls in play.
Great ? Min. 10 Barrels, lowest avg— Casey Boguslaw (@caseyboguslaw) June 3, 2017
Frazier - .461
Casty - .500
Franco - .500
K. Seager - .500
Miggy - .533
Healy - .571
Hosmer - .571 https://t.co/LADF5QhLSd
- Felix Hernandez is set for a rehab start.
Felix Hernandez said he felt great after his sim game. He'll start on June 6 for @RainiersLand— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 2, 2017
- Seven years prior to yesterday, Danny Valencia recorded his first major league hit off of Felix.
On June 3, 2010 at Safeco Field, Valencia, then with the Twins, got his first big league hit in his first at-bat off of Felix Hernandez— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 4, 2017
- Manny Acta shared his belief in analytics in an interview with David Laurila.
Around the League...
- I know it’s college baseball, but this play from the Texas-LBSU game was unreal.
Okay, here's the whole play, which just makes it even more stupidly impressive. Texas-LBSU is getting crazy pic.twitter.com/OddbBvMd9e— Ethan (@EthanNovak) June 4, 2017
- Albert Pujols is the only player in MLB history to hit a grand slam for his 600th home run.
Albert Pujols becomes first player to slam his way into 600-HR club. https://t.co/sHGZEA7iAL #PapaSlam pic.twitter.com/15mWbJN5Sc— MLB (@MLB) June 4, 2017
- Edinson Volquez threw the first no-hitter of the year last night.
- Clayton Kershaw is one of the youngest pitchers to reach 2000 strikeouts.
- UW Women’s Softball beat UCLA last night and is one of four teams remaining in the Women’s College World Series.
Today was a good day. #LeaveNoDoubt pic.twitter.com/66ediKB9hl— UW Softball (@UWSoftball) June 4, 2017
- Speaking of UW, here’s a video compilation of a few of Washington’s 47 receiving touchdowns last season.
.@UW_Football was #1 in the country last season in receiving TDs. Here's a few of the 47 times a #ReservationFor6 was made.#NationsBest pic.twitter.com/9AOSSE3JfD— Tyler Osborne (@Coach__Osborne) June 3, 2017