Good morning everyone! I hope you had a good start to your work week. Today the M’s are back in action and taking on the Phillies. Let’s get your day started with some links.
In Mariners news...
- Viva la hair flip.
In Mariners minors news...
- Even though the season has already started, Jay Yencich of U.S.S. Mariner previews the Everett AquaSox.
- The Rainiers triumphed in ultimate comeback fashion last night over the Las Vegas 51s, winning 9-8.
- The Modesto Nuts absolutely demolished the Visalia Rawhide last night 11-1. Top pitching prospect Nick Neidert turned in a gem.
Around the league...
- This is pretty cool.
- So apparently Dodgers rookie sensation Cody Bellinger didn’t know who Jerry Seinfeld was. Come on man.
- Madison Bumgarner began his rehab assignment and is on the road to health.
- Yesterday we got our first taste of trade season!
- Jeff Sullivan breaks down the trade between the Florida teams.
- The Mariners might be using a heck of a lot of pitchers, but the Twins certainly have a problem there too.
- The Giants’ team chemistry is suffering because the team no longer has Angel Pagan, who the rest of the team bonded over because of how much they hated him.
- The Nationals have agreed to a deal with the recently-released Francisco Rodriguez.
- AZ Snake Pit gave their assessment of their experience at Safeco Field.
Andrew goodbye special...
- I know, I know. I’m sorry guys. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But our favorite Dr. Rice is leaving the blog. Let’s honor him with some Best Of’s:
- Andrew was very well known for his love of Brad Miller. He once wrote a sad farewell to our favorite Clemson shortstop.
- He also wrote a pretty awesome Thanksgiving tribute to the Mariners back in 2014.
- What happens when you combine Crazy Legs and Thanksgiving?
- Dr. Rice investigated whether Jerry and Scott’s plan to improve the athleticism of the team was causing an improvement in base-running ability.
- And of course, who can forget Sporcle Fridays? Here’s a link to the topic if you want to binge on Andrew’s brain-busting quizzes.
- We wish Andrew the very best in the future, and I’m sure you’ll also be able to catch him at Mariners games and other baseball-related activities.