Happy Saturday, friends. It looks we are set for a really hot weekend in Seattle. I hope you all have fun and creative ideas to avoid or enjoy the sun. I would suggest reading these links while you look for shade.
In Mariners News...
- Mike Zunino is four June RBI short of a Mariners record.
Mike Zunino now with 29 RBIs in June. Mariners record for a month is 33.— Matt Calkins (@Matt_Calkins) June 24, 2017
- Felix Hernandez made history last night.
Felix Hernandez earns career win #157, passing up former @Mariners RHP Freddy Garcia & becoming the winningest pitcher born out of Venezuela pic.twitter.com/2EYgLqt2G3— Randy McNair (@Ranthemanmcnair) June 24, 2017
- Andrew Moore will return to AAA until early July, but because of the Mariners multiple off days next week will be able to make a controlled srart in Tacoma, then return for his spot in the rotation.
Mariners Minors News...
- Kyle Lewis is set to begin a rehab assignment after getting banged up again.
Mariners top prospect headed back to Peoria on rehab assignment after banged his surgically-repaired knee on wall last week in Hi-A Modesto. https://t.co/ukKomRx4P8— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 24, 2017
- Tyler O’Neill and DJ Peterson both impressed as the Rainiers won in emphatic fashion.
Rainiers win 13-6!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 24, 2017
Jonathan Aro 2.1IP, 0H, 0R, 2K, WIN
Tyler O'Neill 3-6, 2HR, 2B, 7RBI
D.J. Peterson 4-5, 3R, RBI, BB
Boog Powell 2-5, BB
- Brayan Hernandez drove in a run, but the AquaSox lost to the Dust Devils 6-5.
- Willie Argo shined in Modesto’s 5-3 victory.
Nuts win 5-3!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 24, 2017
Marvin Gorgas 2IP, 3H, 0R, BB, 2K, WIN
Logan Taylor 2-4, HR, 2B, 2R, RBI
Willie Argo 3-4, HR, 2B, 4RBI
Joey Curletta 1-4, R
- Braden Bishop recorded his 21st multi-hit game of the season.
21st multi-hit game for Braden Bishop.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 24, 2017
- The Arkansas Travelers couldn’t quite get the job done, but Anthony Misiewicz was impressive in his AA debut.
Travelers lose 6-4.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 24, 2017
Anthony Misiewicz 6IP, 5H, 2R, BB, 7K
Ryan Casteel 2-4, HR, 2B, 2RBI
Ian Miller 2-5
Chuck Taylor 1-4, 2B, RBI
- The LumberKings fell to the Beloit Snappers 8-1.
- The Dominican Summer League Mariners lost 1-0.
Around the League...
- Apparently Mike Trout wanted to sign a lifetime deal with the Angels, but was told he couldn’t.
- Former Mariner Doug Fister is set to join the Red Sox.
Doug Fister has a deal to join the Red Sox, source tells SB Nation. Recently opted out of Angels' deal.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) June 23, 2017
- Yu Darvish was pulled in the seventh inning of his start for soreness in his triceps, but isn’t expected to miss time.
Again, for those who were wondering why manager removed Darvish...it was a health-related move. https://t.co/7h7iopc3Ej— Jared Sandler (@SandlerJ) June 24, 2017
- Speaking of Yu Darvish, he had an epic battle against Masahiro Tanaka last night.
- The Red Sox retired David Ortiz’ number.
- Markelle Fultz was drafted first overall in the NBA draft. The first overall selection from the WNBA Draft and NBA Draft went to UW.
Philly! The Process led me here and we won't rest until we're No. 1. Check out my rookie card https://t.co/MXUJux4jzq #WhoDoYouCollect pic.twitter.com/HKydNE6US2— Markelle Fultz (@MarkelleF) June 23, 2017