Good morning everyone! Happy Andrew Moore day! I hope you’re all having a good week. The Mariners have definitely been fun to watch, and more good things are on the horizon. Today we get to see another young Mariner make his dreams come true, and that’s awesome.
Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- The signing is official!
2nd-rder Sam Carlson signs w/@Mariners for $2 mil (pick 55=$1,206,900). Minnesota HS RHP, one of best combos of stuff & polish in @MLBDraft.— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) June 21, 2017
- This picture is just really cute, but the feature is nice too.
Mariner Taylor Motter might have baseball's best hair https://t.co/VmWpRlTn6G pic.twitter.com/1PeHQwp6oD— KING 5 News (@KING5Seattle) June 21, 2017
- Christopher Crawford sure likes Sam Carlson, the M’s second-round draft pick from this year. This was his response when someone asked him if he considered Carlson to be a top-100 MLB prospect right now.
He would be in my top 100. Yes. Again, not the consensus, but I like the arm a lot. https://t.co/SpRp0L5kGk— Christopher Crawford (@Crawford_MILB) June 21, 2017
- Luke Arkins at Prospect Insider wonders where Felix and Justin Verlander fit into future Hall of Fame discussions.
In Mariners minors news...
- The Clinton LumberKings were named the best family value in the Midwest League!
- The Everett AquaSox fell to the Vancouver Canadians 8-4 and now sit at a 2-5 record on the season.
Around the league...
- Chris Berman going BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK.
.@karlravechespn is your new fulltime voice of the Home Run Derby.— Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) June 21, 2017
- I always love series that happen overseas (OK, Puerto Rico only kind of counts as “overseas” but work with me here.)
MLB announcement: Twins and Indians will play two-game series at Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan, PR on 4/17-18, 2018.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) June 21, 2017
- The Players’ Tribune — initially launched by Derek Jeter — has hired its first CEO.
- Let’s Go Tribe thinks that Jose Ramirez is the best Indians player right now.
- Kenley Jansen has been absurdly effective for the Dodgers this season.
- Although Jansen is good, Craig Kimbrel is probably the best reliever in the game right now.
- Aaron Judge got invited to the Home Run Derby, but he’s still not sure if he wants to do it.
- Addison Russell’s wife has filed for divorce amid domestic abuse allegations, but she is refusing to cooperate in the investigation.
- Freddie Freeman is working towards a move to third base.
- Kennys Vargas obliterated this baseball.
The longest @Twins HR since 2015 belongs to @kennys_vargas.— #Statcast (@statcast) June 21, 2017
He outdid himself, with a 483-foot BLAST. https://t.co/D7XHNW6rms #Statcast pic.twitter.com/Cl6VVXzZOJ
- For some reason, Eric Thames has not been nearly as good in the last couple of months as he was in April.
- Doug Fister played the Angels like a violin.
Doug Fister opted out of his deal with the Angels after three AAA starts, source confirms to SBN. Will draw strong interest.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) June 21, 2017
- Max Scherzer lost a no-hitter in the eighth inning last night and then ended up losing the game.
- Today is also the NBA draft! Here is the latest USA Today mock draft.