You made it this far, folks. It’s humpday. Congrats. It’s your resident LL dad and #1 Dae-Ho Lee appreciator and I’m here to give you some links, as is the tradition here at Mariners Moose Tracks. The Mariners blew a couple leads last night and it was very annoying, but then our best good lad Kyle Seager said, “Not on my watch, fellas” and gifted us all with a walk-off victory. It was pretty cool.
Onto your links!
- Robinson Cano and Jean Segura are featured on this Vice special on baseball in the Dominican Republic. Check out the teaser below. It aired last night so it should be available for streaming where applicable.
- Quite a bit of action for former Mariners yesterday as Michael Saunders was designated for assignment by the Phillies, Vidal Nuno was optioned by the Orioles, and Tom Wilhelmsen was signed by the Brewers. Yes, the Bartender was signed by the Brewers. How the hell did that take so long?
- Evergreen reminder that no matter how bad you are something, you’ll never be quite as bad as CB Bucknor is at calling balls and strikes.
Mariners minors news
- Six players from the Modesto Nuts played in the California League All-Star Game yesterday: Braden Bishop, Reggie McClain, Nick Neidert, Logan Taylor, Chris Mariscal, and Gianfranco Wawoe.
- New LL contributor Jen Mac Ramos was on hand for the game and you should check out her timeline for lots of great coverage. Also, Braden Bishop was named ASG MVP.
Braden Bishop is this All-Star Game's MVP. pic.twitter.com/vOgZU1WrNu— Jen Mac Ramos (@jenmacramos) June 21, 2017
- I would be remiss not to mention that there was a chicken chase at said All-Star Game. This feels straight out of “Bull Durham” or something.
Good morning, sports twitter. Here is a video of baseball players chasing chickens around third base: https://t.co/4FbLJoYh3o— Jen Mac Ramos (@jenmacramos) June 20, 2017
Around the league
- Cody Bellinger set an impressive (yet arbitrary) record.
- Corey Seager was unimpressed.
Corey Seager has crushed 3 dingers in the game— Baseball King™ (@BasebaIlKing) June 21, 2017
- There is an official announcement coming soon on MLB’s future involvement with the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
- If you follow the NHL, you probably knew about Adidas taking over as primary jersey and gear maker from wack-ass Reebok. They did a big reveal last night and unfortunately I’m not sure it’s much of an improvement. Kind of like when Nike took over the NFL, most teams elected not to do a full redesign. I will say the Minnesota Wild home green jersey is pretty slick as it works in the general look of their Stadium Series jerseys. It is also with great regret that I must inform you that Las Vegas really does have a NHL team now and their jersey is very, very bad.