Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I know the Mariners lost yesterday, but we’re going to start off your day with some good news.
Friday @Mariners game will stream on Facebook; will use @ROOTSPORTS_NW feed; available to all users, including those in home broadcast area— Taylor Soper (@Taylor_Soper) May 30, 2017
This is the kind of stuff I love to hear, since I’m mostly a mobile user and even though I use MLB.tv, it doesn’t work for me as long as I’m in the Pacific Northwest. So stream away, baseball lovers! And here’s some reading material to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- I dunno...let’s pretend the Mariners aren’t waiting to hear more about two major injuries from last night.
Around the league...
- White Sox play-by-play broadcaster Hawk Harrelson will be retiring at the end of the 2018 season.
- Hmm...the Cubs were supposed to be universe destroyers again this year, so what’s going on? In addition to Dave Cameron’s breakdown of the team’s struggles, Grant Brisbee ponders the same question.
- Meanwhile, the entirety of the American League has been very ordinary. Except for the Astros.
- It’s not just fans, bloggers, and executives who are fascinated. Many players are now obsessed with finding their ideal launch angles.
- In today’s news on former Mariners...
.@Indians acquire INF Josh Wilson from @Rangers for cash, assign him to Triple-A Columbus.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) June 1, 2017
- Even though Albert Pujols is chasing his 600th home run, the ballparks he’s playing in have plenty of empty seats.
- This is the kind of thing I always wonder: How good of a baseball player would LeBron James be?
- Wow, that was quick. The former Rangers closer is now out of a job.
Sources: Struggling reliever Sam Dyson will be designated for assignment by #Rangers. Jose Leclerc will come off DL to take Dyson’s place.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) June 2, 2017
- After years of hype and mediocrity, Trevor Bauer might finally be figuring it out.
- James Dator defends Mr. Met for flipping off fans at the game.
- So what happens if the NBA Finals don’t live up to the hype that’s expected this year?
- It’s that time of the year again: the National Spelling Bee! It’s the one thing every year guaranteed to make you feel like an idiot.