Good morning everyone and happy Monday! It feels like it’s been a while since I wrote one of these, but it’s really only been like two days. This weekend has been a long one, folks. I hope you all had a lovely Fathers’ Day and are ready to get back to work! Hahahahaha. Alright here’s some links to keep you occupied.
In Mariners news...
- So I don’t know about you guys, but this was certainly news to me. Congrats Kevin!
Very nice Rangers. Very nice. pic.twitter.com/dXXyPK1HGK— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) June 18, 2017
- Just as expected, the Mariners have agreed to terms with a good number of the players they drafted.
Mariners have announced they've officially signed first round pick Evan White and 25 other drafted players pic.twitter.com/eob2WqVcow— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 18, 2017
- In case you missed it, the Mariners DFA’d Dillon Overton yesterday to make room for Max Povse on the MLB roster.
- Well hey now, this is great!
Servais says Felix Hernandez will start Friday vs Astros. Iwakuma expected to start Saturday or Sunday. No decision on who they'll replace.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 18, 2017
In Mariners minors news...
- Clinton LumberKings manager Pat Shine was relieved of his duties, which must be pretty rare for the minor leagues. The article above says that Clinton itself hasn’t fired a manager midseason since the 1969 campaign.
- In terms of game scores, the LumberKings had one to forget. They got blown out 16-3 by Cedar Rapids thanks to a nine-run first inning by the Kernels.
- The Modesto Nuts got a win in their last game of the first half.
- The Tacoma Rainiers lost yesterday’s game thanks to a heck of a comeback by the Salt Lake Bees. Today’s game will be started by our good friend Hisashi Iwakuma.
Around the league...
- Well this might be one of the weirdest double plays I’ve ever seen in my life.
- It turns out that winning games is fun. And the Astros are sure winning a whole lot of games.
- The Yankees’ bullpen has been awful recently, but Pinstripe Alley doesn’t feel resentful that the team dealt Andrew Miller to Cleveland.
- Apparently Jacob deGrom hit his first MLB home run yesterday, which feels like a lie to me probably because Noah Syndergaard has hit a million of them.
- Bronson Arroyo’s career might be over due to a sore shoulder.
- Don’t look now, but Logan Morrison has more home runs than either Justin Smoak or Eric Thames do right now.
- Even some minor league baseball teams can’t seem to take Tim Tebow seriously.
- So Washington basketball stud Markelle Fultz is going to become a member of the Philadelphia 76ers. But who won that trade: Boston or Philly?