Good morning folks! Happy Wednesday. Today is Day 3 of the MLB draft, which can hopefully wash away any bad thoughts you have from last night’s Mariners game. That was sure a doozy. So here are some stories that may interest you as you go about your day.
In Mariners news...
- Another starter is on his way back.
Hisashi Iwakuma will throw 45 pitches tomorrow night for @ModestoNuts in his first rehab start. He'll make at least two before coming back— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 13, 2017
- Felix isn’t quite ready to return yet. The starter will have to throw one more rehab outing for Tacoma before coming back to Seattle.
Around the league...
- Some people might be putting too much responsibility on Aaron Judge’s shoulders. Craig Calcaterra says that it isn’t his job to revive national popularity in the game.
- Buster Olney seems to disagree, comparing the young outfielder to the great Babe Ruth.
- Even without Aroldis Chapman, the Yankees bullpen has really stepped up and has been a big boon for the team.
- The Cardinals have cut ties with infielder Jhonny Peralta.
- Toronto second baseman Devon Travis underwent knee surgery and could be out of action for a significant period of time.
- Cesar Hernandez — who has really broken out this year for the Phillies — will now be out for six weeks with a strained oblique.
- Yasiel Puig flipped off some fans who were taunting him during yesterday’s game against Cleveland.
- The race for the American League Wild Card could be a wild one considering how bunched together everyone in the league is right now.
- Sean Fennessey at The Ringer wonders how Kevin Durant will be remembered years from now.