Hello folks! The Mariners are on a nice little winning streak, which is fantastic. Based on the results of the comments and the poll I posted on Twitter, you all think the M’s have a chance for their second straight series sweep tonight. Y’all are crazy.
Anyway, here are some links to get your Thursday going.
In Mariners news...
- Good news! Mitch Haniger and King Felix will be heading out on rehab stints soon.
Around the league...
- The first All-Star Game ballot update came out over the last two days. To nobody’s surprise, Mike Trout is leading all vote getters in the American League.
- Bryce Harper managed to get his suspension dropped to just three games.
- The Marlins received $700K for Jose Fernandez’s death, but the team is using the money to help the former ace’s family.
- Poor Welington...
.@Orioles place catcher Welington Castillo (testicular injury) on 10-day DL, select catcher Francisco Pena from Triple-A Norfolk.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) May 31, 2017
- Brew Crew Ball wonders if Ryan Braun’s absence has caused Eric Thames to fall off the table offensively (although Thames did hit a home run yesterday for the first time in a while).
- Patrick and Nathan appeared in Short Relief with Baseball Prospectus to talk old Mets players and intense brawls.
- Mr. Met got himself into hot water after this:
- The Mets followed up the incident by issuing an official apology.
- Since Mike Trout is injured, Charlie Blackmon might be the best active center fielder in the game.
- Somehow, Blackmon is the National League leader in RBI despite being a leadoff man.
- It seems like umpires have adjusted to the rise in run scoring in the game, as the strike zone has gotten steadily bigger.
- The Orioles managed to buck their organizational trend by properly developing Manny Machado and Dylan Bundy.
- Quick! Avert your eyes!
Zack Littell won tonight, his 5th straight win for the Tampa Yankees (Advanced A).— Conor O'Neill (@ConorONeillTN) May 31, 2017
Last 3 starts: 21 inn, 17 hits, 2 runs, 22 Ks, 3 BBs.