Good morning everyone! Today is an off-day for the Mariners (boo) but that means all of the M’s injured players will get one day healthier. Just think of it that way.
While you try to figure out ways to get through your Monday, here are some links to help you out.
In Mariners news...
- Hisashi Iwakuma isn’t completely healthy yet, but he’ll start against the Blue Jays on Thursday.
Around the league...
- As if the Mets season couldn’t get any weirder, the team suspended starter Matt Harvey for a “violation of team rules.”
- The Mets claimed Tommy Milone off waivers from the Brewers. A lot of Mariners fans tossed around the idea of the M’s acquiring the lefty.
- Joshua Diemert at Pinstripe Alley wrote about the Adam Jones incident and what it means for baseball.
- Mike Trout is nursing a hamstring issue and is day-to-day.
- Franklin Gutierrez was fresh off a trip to the DL when he left the Dodgers game with a hip injury.
- Theo Epstein shared his secret with the world on 60 Minutes.
Cubs president Theo Epstein chooses his players based on statistics and something more: their character. @Billwhitakercbs reports: pic.twitter.com/kCouod5SSH— 60 Minutes (@60Minutes) May 7, 2017
- Happy anniversary everyone (even if it was yesterday).
A year ago today, the impossible happened. pic.twitter.com/7tVCqY2g9a— MLB (@MLB) May 7, 2017
- The Ringer wonders if New York Knicks star center Kristaps Porzingis’ account was hacked when he tweeted about potentially wanting to go to the Clippers.