Good morning and Happy Tuesday! I know for many of you this is basically your Monday. And that’s no fun. While a Mariners victory would be a perfect remedy for that Monday feeling, perhaps some fresh links can be the cherry on top.
In Mariners news...
- Luke Arkins at Prospect Insider wonders where the M’s power went.
- Unfortunately, both Hisashi Iwakuma and Mitch Haniger have been slowed down in their rehab processes.
Around the league...
- The Dodgers are about to be filled to the brim with ex-Mariners.
.@Dodgers place LHP Alex Wood on 10-day DL, retro to 5/27; select RHP Brandon Morrow from Triple-A, transfer RHP Brock Stewart to 60-day DL.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) May 29, 2017
- Bryce Harper and Hunter Strickland got into a good old fashioned brawl after Strickland threw a pitch at Harper. There are a ton of layers to this story, but let’s start out with the raw footage.
Hunter Strickland drilled Bryce Harper and punched him in the face when Harper charger him pic.twitter.com/7QNliRl55K— That Dude (@cjzer0) May 29, 2017
- This fight was probably on the horizon for some time, as Matt Snyder breaks down the history between the two players.
- If Harper finds himself suspended, Olympic gold medal swimmer Katie Ledecky is offering to help him get through it with a swim lesson.
- The Nationals and Giants weren’t the only teams that got into a brawl yesterday. Grant Brisbee breaks down a wild showdown that took place in the minor leagues.
- The Cardinals have optioned outfielder Randal Grichuk to High-A, which seems extreme. St. Louis wants the youngster to work on his pitch recognition. Who am I to question the Cardinal Way?
- Yasmany Tomas could work on his pitch recognition too.
May 29, 2017
- It sure is early for things like this, but rumor has it that Lucas Duda is not happy with the Mets and will probably leave in free agency at the end of the year.
- The Angels are about to be really bad.
Mike Trout has chosen to undergo surgery to repair a torn UCL in his left thumb. He's expected to miss 6-8 weeks.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) May 30, 2017
- Players are dropping like flies to injury. Danny Duffy has landed on the disabled list with an oblique strain.
- Here’s a little bit of music to get you through the day. This is Pitch Slapped from Berklee College of Music! They’re known for their old school jazzy vibe.