Hey everyone and Happy Memorial Day! I’m sure many of you have got plans for the day — perhaps to watch the Mariners play — but here are some links to help you get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- James Paxton had a successful rehab outing and is ready to go for his start on Wednesday.
- Nick Neidert built on his great season with a heck of an outing for Modesto yesterday.
M's RHP Nick Neidert has a 157-32 K/BB ratio in 183 IP a a pro. 65-10 in 56.2 IP this season.— Jason A. Churchill (@ProspectInsider) May 28, 2017
No hits allowed in 6 IP today.
- Felix Hernandez and Hisashi Iwakuma should return to the rotation in mid-to-late June.
Around the league...
- Mike Trout left yesterday’s game after sliding into second base on a steal attempt, but it appears that he’ll be alright.
Mike Trout has been diagnosed with a left thumb sprain. X-rays were negative for any fracture— Angels (@Angels) May 28, 2017
- Buster Olney thinks that Clayton Kershaw is already a Hall of Famer, even if he were to never play again.
- Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Bunning sadly passed away this weekend at the age of 85.
- To the surprise of pretty much everyone, Astros starter Charlie Morton landed on the DL with a lat strain.
- Terry Francona is moving Indians starter Danny Salazar to the bullpen due to the righty’s struggles this year.
- Observe the world’s strangest strikeout. And yes, this really happened.
Please enjoy this extremely strange @MiLB strikeout: https://t.co/qCRHp8fK3H pic.twitter.com/coESfmeE6m— Cut4 (@Cut4) May 27, 2017
- Outfielder Nolan Reimold has retired.
- Franklin Gutierrez was removed from yesterday’s game because he was feeling ill.
- Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman honored his promise to provide a college scholarship to a Virginia high schooler if she improved her grades.