Good morning folks! Yesterday was lame. Let’s hope these links can get your mind off of what happened.
In Mariners news...
- Nobody knew Max Povse had been moved to a relief role...and now he’s hurt too.
Of note: Max Povse, who was being converted to a relief role in Class AA Arkansas, has been sidelined with a hamstring strain.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 23, 2017
Around the league...
- The original National League constitution is going up for auction.
- The ability to cover more of the plate while batting isn’t always necessarily a positive, writes Ryan Pollack at The Hardball Times.
- Pinstripe Alley wonders what a purely homegrown starting rotation for the Yankees would look like.
- Former MLB outfielder Anthony Gose has transitioned to the mound in the minors, and he’s getting close to triple digits with his fastball.
- We’re on track for an all-time high in catchers interference calls for a season.
- Joey Votto had a war of words with a heckler.
- Charlie Sheen has gotten together the original cast of Major League in order to produce Major League III, according to reports from TMZ.
- I kept meaning to talk about this: I’m broadcasting games for the Bend Elks of the West Coast League this summer, and a team in the league — the Victoria Harbourcats — signed a female pitcher for the summer. News has been going around that the girl is knuckleballer, but that’s not entirely true.