Good morning Mariners fans! I hope you all enjoyed your off-day yesterday. The M’s are back in action today with James Paxton squaring off against Matt Shoemaker and the Angels.
Here are some links to start off your day while you get ready for the big game.
In Mariners news...
- Jeff Zimmerman provides Boog Powell’s scouting comps, at least one of which should be familiar to you.
Hitters with similar prospect grades to the @Mariners recent addition, Boog Powell pic.twitter.com/UF14U89o4b— Jeff Zimmerman (@jeffwzimmerman) May 1, 2017
Around the league...
- The injuries just continue to pile up around the majors.
#Angels say Tyler Skaggs will miss 10-12 weeks with a Grade 2 right oblique strain. He received a PRP injection today.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) May 1, 2017
- It is my personal belief that it is impossible to love Eric Thames too much.
Eric Thames fake-charging the mound in Korea pic.twitter.com/YlJwpk1hhs— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) May 1, 2017
- Never propose using the big screen at a professional sporting event, guys and gals.
- Noah Syndergaard is dumb (or are the Mets dumb?) and the starter will be out until at least the All-Star Break with a torn lat.
- Ivan Nova threw a “Maddux” (a complete-game win with less than 100 pitches thrown) the other day. Alex Stumpf at Fangraphs wonders if the Pirates starter is for real this year.
- The MLB All-Star ballots are out already. So if voting super duper early is your thing, knock yourself out.
- Steph Curry called out Madison Bumgarner in a recent interview with the press.
- The Golden State Warriors are upset that the Utah Jazz will be playing them in the next round because apparently the night life in Salt Lake City isn’t good enough for them.