Good morning folks! Today is Wednesday, which marks the halfway point of the work week. Yay! It’s also the third day I’ve been dealing with this nasty fever. Booooooo. Stay healthy everyone! Here are some links for your troubles.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it...
Edwin Diaz will not be closing for the time being.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) May 16, 2017
Around the league...
- The Yankees have an absurd number of players who are overperforming their projections, says Grant Brisbee.
- Yasiel Puig is seeing a ton of fastballs this year, writes Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs.
- Tim Tebow earns rival teams a boatload of money every time he comes to their ballpark.
- Pinstripe Alley wonders if this really is Michael Pineda’s year to shine.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs takes a look at a potential variable against xwOBA.
- The Rangers are in a strange place so far this year, writes Jeff Sullivan. They aren’t getting as much production from their top 5 players as they should, yet they’re still doing well.
- Rob Arthur at FiveThirtyEight notes that the fly-ball revolution hasn’t been beneficial to everyone.
- A handful of players have surprisingly wiggled their way into the Cy Young discussion, including a former Mariner.
- The Boston Celtics are not only playing in the Eastern Conference Finals right now, they also will own next year’s #1 overall draft pick thanks to a trade with the Brooklyn Nets from a few years back that just keeps on giving.
- The Celtics should absolutely select Washington guard Markelle Fultz with the top pick, according to the The Ringer.