Good morning, everybody! Happy Tuesday, if you even remembered that it's Tuesday. The week is not particularly close to being over, and yet you can't complain like it's Monday. What to do? Look at some links, and forget your sorrows.
In Mariners News...
- Our friends at Beyond the Boxscore wrote an interesting piece about James Pazos, inspired by our own John Trupin.
- James Paxton is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Wednesday or Thursday, and Mitch Haniger took some light swings yesterday.
Around the League...
- Luiz Gohara appeared to be injured earlier Monday with an arm injury, and had to leave the game.
- Ben Lindbergh at The Ringer wrote about how Clayton Kershaw may have his best pitch back, despite his recent struggles.
- Have you heard of Jose Berrios yet? Chances are, you will. Finally, a non-stereotypical-Twins pitcher, pitching for the Twins. Michael Baumann has more.
- Mike Asixa at CBS Sports wonders if it’s time to worry about Jake Arrieta, Matt Harvey, Masuhiro Tanaka, and Corey Kluber.
- More about Arrieta: According to Jeff Sullivan, he has been bad.
- Yay, something good happened to the Padres.
- The star closest to Earth has a planet that might support life. We’re taking the first steps to finding out just how likely that is.
- The Boston Celtics closed out a dramatic Eastern Conference Finals last night against the Washington Wizards, led by Isaiah Thomas.