Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Over here at Hofstra today marks the beginning of finals week. Hopefully your week is significantly less stressful, but if you need something to distract you, here are some links from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- Despite a large number of injuries to the team’s pitching staff, the M’s are not actively searching outside the organization to shore up the rotation.
Around the league...
- Aroldis Chapman was placed on the DL yesterday with rotator cuff inflammation.
- The Yankees retired Derek Jeter’s jersey number yesterday. Eric Stephen wondered what professional sports teams have the most retired numbers (surprise: it’s not the Yankees).
- Athletics Nation wonders if it’s too late for the A’s to contend in 2017.
- The Diamondbacks placed catcher Chris Iannetta on the concussion DL list after he took a pitch to the face.
- Bradford Doolittle at ESPN looks at Carlos Beltran’s case as a potential Hall of Famer.
- Clayton Kershaw is still getting better, writes Ben Lindbergh at The Ringer.
- It’s been a while since I shared one of these, but here’s the Northeastern University Nor’easters performing their ICCA finals winning set form this year.
- Hofstra men’s basketball guard Justin Wright-Foreman got tweeted about by Bleacher Report yesterday despite the fact that this dunk happened in October.
Dunk was so good that he left the building (via Instagram/j.wright3) pic.twitter.com/WMMucMR8B0— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) May 15, 2017