Hello folks! I hope you all enjoyed yesterday’s tumultuous game. A lot of things happened around the world of baseball yesterday, so let’s get right to it.
In Mariners news...
- If we’re lucky, we’ll see Drew Smyly on his way to recovery pretty soon.
He hopes to start playing catch and begin light throwing in about two weeks. https://t.co/NPgqyp8Njm— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) May 8, 2017
- The Mariners are in bad shape long term, writes Christopher Crawford at Vice Sports.
- The Mariners sent Casey Fien to the Phillies for cash considerations.
Around the league...
- Ben Lindbergh at The Ringer wonders if juiced balls are behind the latest rise in offense in the league.
- David Schoenfeld at ESPN SweetSpot thinks we’re in a golden age of defensive center fielders.
- More details are emerging in the Matt Harvey story. The latest reports say he was out drinking late into the night on Saturday. Harvey later apologized to his teammates for his actions.
- Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh keeps getting spotted at baseball games.
- Doug Fister is reportedly close to signing with a club.
- The Good Phight remembers Carlos Ruiz by highlighting his best moments with Philadelphia.
- Orioles closer Zach Britton might be out until the All-Star Break with an arm injury.
- LaVar Ball defends his son’s absurd shoe prices by saying that Michael Jordan could never sell shoes that expensive.