Oh my goodness, how is it already the second-to-last day of April. I just realized that I’ve basically slept through the first third of 2017. I mean, really, it feels like New Years was yesterday. Well, it might not have been New Years yesterday, but it was Leonys Martin’s wife’s birthday, and he had a mariachi band perform for the occasion.
Couple goals. Anyways, today is the final day of the weekend, which is a bummer. Read these links while you can, because Monday is looming.
In Mariners News...
- Mel Stottlemyre Jr. praised Ariel Miranda on Twitter following Friday’s win over the Indians.
Miranda. Great lesson for young pitchers not able to command off-speed pitches early in the game. Locate your heater and keep battling.— Mel Stottlemyre Jr (@StottsFishing) April 29, 2017
- Not only can Thyago Vieira throw hard, but he can also pose for awesome pictures.
Thyago Vieira is a delight and if you don't follow him, you should. pic.twitter.com/dfQvlJ9fvY— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) April 30, 2017
- Chase De Jong is very excited for his first major league start today.
- Technically, Boog Powell made his MLB debut yesterday.
Around the League...
- The Astros are starting to shift their outfield.
- Tommy Kahnle of the White Sox is off to a fantastic start.
- Aaron Judge, who now leads the AL in home runs, tied the MLB record for most home runs by a rookie in April.
- Speaking of dingers, Jake Lamb hit the longest homer of the season yesterday.
This pitch: Destroyed by Jake Lamb. https://t.co/kGnNqy1xIe— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) April 30, 2017
- Injury struggles continue for the Angels.
.@Angels place 1B C.J. Cron (left foot contusion), LHP Tyler Skaggs (right oblique) on 10-day DL, designate LHP Greg Mahle for assignment.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 29, 2017
- Noah Syndergaard is opting not to undergo an MRI after experiencing shoulder and biceps discomfort on Thursday.
- Kelsey Plum is awesome.