Good morning and happy Saturday! You’ve made it a whole five days. Now for two days of pretending that you won’t have to just go do it again! Sorry.
In Mariners News...
- Felix Hernandez and Mitch Haniger are each expected to miss three-to-four weeks with their respective injuries.
- Mariners minor leaguer Miguel Gamboa was suspended 56 games for failing a drug test.
- Ex-Mariner David Aardsma got the save against a team with Brandon League on it in the Independent Leagues.
FINAL: David Aardsma locks down the save, striking out two, and the Ducks win it 4-3!— Long Island Ducks (@LIDucks) April 29, 2017
Around the League...
- Manny Machado hit the longest home run of the year so far, clocking in at about 470 feet.
- Aaron Judge also hit the hardest-hit home run in Statcast history, at over 119 MPH of exit velocity. The Yankees won this game, by the way, after being down 9-1 at one point.
- Yadier Molina made a crazy heads-up play.
- The Nationals have lost Adam Eaton to an injury.
- Finally, continuing the “2017 blows” tour, Madison Bumgarner is expected to be out through the All-Star break.
- At least the Mariners have never lost a game like this.
Wild 11 innings capped off with a forced error to score the winning walkoff run to take game 1 vs the Gauchos!! pic.twitter.com/TKSQqEYaFo— UC RiversideBaseball (@UCR_Baseball) April 29, 2017
- The first images from the Cassini probe to Saturn are here - and it’s crazy.
Seahawks Bonus Section:
Our friends over at Field Gulls have a bunch of really great coverage of the Seahawks’ selections in the NFL Draft over the past couple days:
- Mookie Alexander overviews who the Seahawks took on Day 2 of the draft.
- New Seahawks receiver Amara Darboh has a pretty phenomenal backstory.
- In the 4th round, the Seahawks took safety Tedric Thompson out of Colorado.
- Field Gulls released a nice podcast in which they look over the Seahawks picks on the day.
- Lastly, if you’d like to follow Day 3 of the draft today with Seahawks fans, there’s an open thread over at Field Gulls.