Sunday Funday, am I right? If you all are upset about the Mariners losing the first three games of their road trip, I am here to cheer you up. Receive this bit of good news.
Braden Bishop extends hitting streak to 14 games with a single in the 4th.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 23, 2017
I am a big Braden Bishop fan, so this excites me. If you want another exciting update from the minor leagues, say no more!
It's early but the 4 affiliates are a combined 35-28 through 63 games & 3 of the teams are in 1st place.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 23, 2017
The future is bright, friends. Now that I’ve cheered everybody up, here are a handful of links to enjoy.
In Mariners News...
- Countless exciting things happened in an Arkansas Travelers win last night, highlighted by Thyago Vieira’s first Double-A win:
Travelers win 6-4!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 23, 2017
Thyago Vieira 2IP, 1H, 0R, BB, 5K, WIN
Zac Curtis 1IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, SV
Jean Segura 1-3, R
Jay Baum 3-4, R, 2RBI
- Guillermo Heredia may see increased playing time in the near future.
- Nick Zammarelli, Seattle’s eighth-round draft choice in 2016, is off the DL and will be starting his season with the Clinton LumberKings.
- So this happened yesterday. I’m just going to leave this here.
Dan Vogelbach pulled for a pinch hitter in the fourth inning of the Rainiers game tonight. Hmmmmm— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 23, 2017
And also this:
Around the League...
- Garrett Richards’ bicep issues led to a move to the 60-day disabled list.
.@Angels transfer RHP Garrett Richards (biceps weakness) to 60-day DL.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 22, 2017
- More bad news for the Angels: closer Cam Bedrosian landed on the 10-day DL with a groin injury.
- On the brighter side, Angels fans just set a world record.
- The Tigers will be without Miguel Cabrera when the Mariners roll into town on Tuesday.
.@Tigers place 1B Miguel Cabrera on 10-day DL (right groin strain).— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 22, 2017
- Here’s an amazing story about David Freese’s battle with depression.
- Tyler Mahle, a pitching prospect for the Reds, redefined efficiency in his 89 pitch perfect game.
- Alex Jackson is hitting the baseball very well.
- Draco Bynum, who has an awesome name, just made an awesome decision and committed to play Washington Husky Football.