The weekend is upon finally upon us! I spent a fair portion of the morning a couple days ago chatting about the pitching trend of abandoning the windup. It’s a pretty interesting idea, and a couple notable arms are transitioning to pitching strictly from the stretch. One such pitcher is Stephen Strasburg. Read more about his adjustment here.
Without further ado, on to the links!
In Mariners News...
- Braden Bishop continues his hot start to the season.
Braden Bishop with 2 hits tonight & is batting .345 in 14 games.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 22, 2017
- I’m convinced that D.J. Peterson stands for “Dinger Jacker” Peterson. He hit another home run last night.
DJ Peterson blasts a solo HR! 9-5 Rainiers in the 9th.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 22, 2017
- Edgar Martinez shared how Roberto Clemente’s impacted his career.
- Ken Levine remembers Dave Niehaus.
- See how Mitch Haniger’s stellar start to the season compares to other great rookie seasons from former Mariners.
Around the league...
- It looks like the Oakland Athletics are preparing to move to a new stadium.
- Carson Cistulli of Fangraphs named five fringe prospects to keep an eye on, and included a few honorable mentions as well (spoiler alert: a few are members of AL West organizations).
- Mike Axisa at CBS Sports explains why Eric Thames has been so successful to start the season.
- Jonah Keri, also from CBS, laid down an argument for the legalization of PEDs.
- Here are the top selling jerseys in baseball.
- Major League Baseball’s Constitution, which was signed in 1876, is going to be sold soon.
- I will never get tired of this video.