How about that outing from James Paxton last night? It sure was a dandy. That makes three scoreless starts for the big lefty to begin the season. While we all day dream about what the rest of this season holds for Pax, here’s a list of pitcher stats that are relevant this early in the year.
Around the league...
- Earlier this week, the Orioles acquired two relief pitcher in exchange for international signing bonus in consecutive days. One was former Rainier Paul Fry. The other has one of the best names I’ve ever seen:
The Orioles have acquired RHP Damien Magnifico from the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for 2016-17 International Signing Bonus Slot No. 15.— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) April 14, 2017
- Eric Gagne appears to be working towards a comeback to professional baseball:
Eric Gagne continuing to work out at Dodgers extended spring training in AZ while pursuing comeback. LA seen as possible destination.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) April 14, 2017
- Chris Sale’s first three starts in Boston have drawn comparisons to Pedro Martinez.
- The Brewers and Dodgers are discussing a trade that would involve Ryan Braun.
In Mariners news...
- James Paxton broke a Mariners record last night:
- James Paxton has enjoyed a lot of success at home dating back to the end of last season:
James Paxton in his last 6 starts at Safeco:— Gary Hill (@GaryHillJr) April 16, 2017
1.48 ERA 42.2 IP 6 BB 40 K's
- Here’s another James Paxton tweet.
.@James_Paxton leads major league baseball in WAR - ahead of Syndergaard, Sale, Lindor, and Trout.— Logan Davis (@logankeahidavis) April 16, 2017
- Okay, last Paxton thing I promise. His curveball has been very good this year.
- Fantasy Baseball writers are taking note of Mitch Haniger’s hot start.
- Take a look at Bryon Brigman’s impressive start to the season:
Bryson Brigman in his 1st 10 games in the Midwest League.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 16, 2017
.310/.405/.379/.785, 9H, 3B, 5R, 6RBI, 6BB, 3K, SB. #LumberKings
- Lorenzo Romar is now the associate head coach for the University of Arizona. The Wildcats added a fantastic recruiter that will help them sign prospects from the Seattle area in the years to come.