Hello everyone! You all be the most battle-hardened Mariners fans I know if you’re reading this after what happened last night. I applaud you. And for that you deserve to be rewarded. I guess the best reward would be some damn wins. But outside of that, perhaps some quality #content will suffice.
In Mariners news...
- Tony Zych appears to be making some progress!
Rehabbing RHP Tony Zych throwing simulated inning at Safeco Field as #Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto and manager Scott Servais watch.— Bob Dutton (@TNT_Mariners) April 12, 2017
- Marc W at U.S.S. Mariner talks about the Casey Fien-Evan Marshall swap.
Around the league...
- Yet another Angels player got injured.
The Angels have called up RH Daniel Wright from triple-A Salt Lake. RH Andrew Bailey is off the roster, presumably headed to the DL.— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) April 12, 2017
- Things aren’t looking good for Rangers starter Tyson Ross either. The righty started experiencing upper back spasms and will have to wait to start his rehab assignment.
- People around me keep talking about Daniel Murphy being one of the game’s best hitters. Here, Craig Edwards at Fangraphs discusses Murphy’s ability with the stick. Perhaps he is one of the league’s best hitters.
- Buster Olney thinks that the four-man outfield might become more common in baseball soon.
- Rob Manfred wants the Indians to remove the Chief Wahoo logo. Craig Calcaterra believes the symbol’s days are numbered.
- Everett native Steven Souza is having a terrific start to the season. DRaysBay wonders if he can sustain it.
- In a funny coincidence, Andrew Romine got drug-tested after hitting a grand slam against the Twins.
- The Cubs got their World Series rings last night. They’re really nice — and they have a goat on them!
- Well that’s one way to get your first career MLB hit.
- Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta Jr. at ESPN did a huge feature on how the Raiders got moved to Las Vegas.