Good morning and happy Friday! It’s the last weekday before MLB Opening Day! You can make it. Hopefully these links will help.
In Mariners news...
- Levis just came out with some new Mariners gear. So if you missed out on M’s flannel night, here’s your chance to make up for it.
- Felix Hernandez is taking part in “Strikeouts For Vets” an initiative sponsored by Carhartt.
- Here’s something to mull over...
For the lols:— Andrew Rice (@Andrew_Rice) March 31, 2017
Aoki in 2016: 1.54 fWAR/600 (1.2 fWAR in 467 PA)
Haniger in '17*: 1.37 fWAR/600 (1.2 fWAR in 525 PA)
Around the league...
- David G. Temple at The Hardball Times wonders if anyone actually benefits from automating intentional walks.
- Travis Sawchik thinks that the Blue Jays rotation could be sneaky good this season.
- The Angels starting rotation is uhh...not good.
- The Rangers have agreed to a six-year contract extension with second baseman Rougned Odor. Part of his deal includes a clause that guarantees Odor a pair of horses. No joke.
- Taijuan Walker might be ready for a breakout season. As if we haven’t heard that one before.
- The Cardinals have agreed to a three-year contract extension with Yadier Molina.
- FiveThirtyEight’s sports staff dives into some pressing baseball questions, such as whether home runs are truly on the rise again.
- This might be one of the craziest passes I’ve ever seen.
- Nothing beats Jason Williams’ passes, though.