Happy Monday everyone! I suppose Mondays are seldom happy, but I hope that these links can brighten your morning if even just a little.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners will be having yet another fedora giveaway this season.
- Edwin Diaz was his typical self yesterday, showing some emotion even though it was a spring training game.
- Kyle Lewis is making more progress! Hopefully the outfielder can hit the field as soon as possible.
Around the league...
- Mike Trout thinks minor league umpires should get some reps calling major league spring training games.
- Former Mariners reliever Mark Lowe has been placed on release waivers and will likely become a free agent.
- The Indians GM’s son accidentally spilled the beans on Francisco Lindor’s extension before it was reported.
- Free agency is dying, writes Pinstripe Alley. Teams are signing young stars to lengthy extensions more and more frequently.
- Kolten Wong is upset that the Cardinals are trying to create competition for the second base job.
- Many UW men’s basketball players have announced their intentions to look for another team to play, but at least one starter is sticking around.