Good morning everyone! It’s Friday! Here are some links to get you through the day and into the weekend.
In Mariners news...
- Will we see Steve Cishek representing Team USA in 2021?
- Robinson Cano and Nelson Cruz make such cute best friends.
- Here’s some encouraging video of Mariners relievers getting back into action.
Steve Cishek throwing off the mound for the first time this spring pic.twitter.com/YDgYfbL0SO— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 23, 2017
Zych's third batter. Nasty sliders. 12 pitches, 8 strikes total in his outing. pic.twitter.com/zd8Y9myWIa— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 23, 2017
- Nathan Bishop previews the upcoming Mariners season on Baseball Prospectus.
Around the league...
- Patrick Dubuque got some work in Short Relief with Baseball Prospectus, finding wise words from an unlikely source.
- It’s as if they read Moose Tracks yesterday and wanted to show me how wrong I am.
- Fortune thinks that Theo Epstein is the greatest leader in the world, which seems like a pretty hot take to me.
- Jim Leyland got to end his managing career on a terrific note: with a World Baseball Classic championship for the U.S.
- Yoenis Cespedes believes baseball would rise in popularity if it made a bigger effort to incorporate Latin culture.
- The Good Phight hopes that Michael Saunders can continue to be a source of power for the Phillies. That certainly never would have crossed my mind while Saunders was a Mariner.
- First baseman Greg Bird has the chance to develop into a star for the Yankees, writes Jeff Sullivan.
- The Angels will be without first baseman Luis Valbuena for a couple of months due to a strained hamstring.
- Watch Cubs ace Jake Arrieta hit this massive home run.