Good morning everyone! I’m happy to see you survived St. Patrick’s Day, and are cognizant enough to direct your browser to Lookout Landing. Well done, friends.
Let’s see what went on across the baseball world while you were busy drinking Guinness.
In Mariners news...
- Boog Powell and Chase De Jong were optioned to AAA Tacoma.
Mariners optioned RHP Chase De Jong and OF Boog Powell to AAA Tacoma. Roster now at 51.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) March 17, 2017
- Nelson Cruz continues to rake at the WBC.
- Yovani Gallardo has returned to Mariners camp after Mexico’s controversial elimination from the WBC.
Around the league...
- In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, Kyle Sammin took a look at the best Irish baseball players of all time.
- A language barrier in the Yankees clubhouse could have contributed to Michael Pineda’s pine tar scandal.
- With the rule change moving the minimum DL stay from 15 to 10 days, the MLB will be monitoring the validity of DL claims more thoroughly.
- Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera could miss the rest of the WBC due to back tightness. Miggy has struggled with back injuries in past, and it’s possible that this lingers into the regular season.
- Ryan Braun had a quote.
More gold from Ryan Braun on the Spring Training-is-too-long front: pic.twitter.com/mTMPO5tT7f— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) March 16, 2017
- In case you don’t follow LL on Twitter, check out this gem courtesy of Tee Miller.