Good morning everyone! Let’s get your day started with some fresh links.
In Mariners news...
- Something you should know about Danny Valencia is that he is a very volatile hitter. He’s historically volatile, in fact.
- One of Scott Servais’ priorities this offseason was to add some speed to the roster. He considers that mission to be accomplished.
Around the league...
- The Oakland A’s park is being re-named in honor of Rickey Henderson.
Announced: A's will name the Coliseum field "Rickey Henderson Field." Henderson will also serve as a Special Assistant to the President. pic.twitter.com/wVPx6n8SVT— Oakland A's ⚾️ (@Athletics) February 6, 2017
- Eno Sarris takes a look at the pitchers who could most benefit from adding a new pitch to their repertoire. No Mariners appeared on the list.
- Sergio Romo is moving south to Los Angeles. The reliever signed a one-year deal with the Dodgers.
- Jon Niese will throw a showcase for major league teams tomorrow.
- Jeff Sullivan explains why Jason Hammel took so long to sign with a team. The starter may have suffered from some bad luck in the market.
- Mark Teixeira is ready to join ESPN as a studio analyst.
- This was a pretty funny tweet I saw from yesterday:
If you ever feel like you're having a bad year, just be happy you aren't this guy. pic.twitter.com/2QWFMlxaNI— decent pigeon (@decentbirthday) February 6, 2017
- Unfortunately, it appears that tweet was fake. But the creator of the account made use of the fame by pointing to a good cause.