Good morning everyone it’s Super Bowl Sunday! We Seattleites don’t have much to cheer for in this year’s big game, but luckily we still have Robinson Cano’s swing.
Here are some delicious baseball links to tide you over while you wait for kickoff.
In Mariners news...
- After all his hard work this offseason, James Paxton is excited to get the season underway and has already began suiting up for the first game of Spring Training. Three weeks James, three weeks. We can do this.
- Nelson Cruz has (hopefully) passed down the proper hitting technique for mashing 450ft homers.
- Greg Johns discusses Drew Smyly’s fresh start in Seattle, and how the southpaw’s curveball makes opposing hitters frowny. Ha.
Around the league...
- Joe Trezza breaks down the top 5 baseball players to ever come out of Seattle (guys who grew up here, not the list of All-Stars the M’s traded away).
- The Cardinals became the 13th MLB team to ban smokeless tobacco from their stadium.
- Yesterday you saw the Mariners’ new Spring Training caps. You can find uniform changes made by the rest of the league here. Tampa Bay still seems to have a weird thing for the firecracker emoji...
- Nick Cafardo reports that the Mariners made a 1-year offer to Jason Hammel earlier this winter. Hammel is reportedly looking for a 3-year deal, and I’m looking for my professors to guarantee me a 4.0 in advance.
- The Falcons will win the Super Bowl by a score of 27-24.
- I’m continuing the puppy theme for the weekend.