It’s finally Saturday!
Here are some fresh links to get your weekend off to a good start.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners have released their 2017 Spring Training uniforms, and the hats are pretty neat.
- Phil Rogers of MLB.com pins the Mariners as the 3rd most improved team this offseason.
- The Mariners’ farm system will look to help players develop their mental skills in 2017.
Around the league...
- The Rays have signed two former Mariners in Logan Morrison and Rickie Weeks. Morrison will join the 40-man roster while Weeks has been signed to a minor league deal.
- Surprisingly, the Twins have DFA’d Korean slugger Byung Ho Park. Park was awful for Minnesota last year posting a wRC+ of only 80 in 244 plate appearances. The Twins are still on the hook for 3 years of the 4 year, $12 million deal he signed last winter.
- Shelby Miller lost his arbitration case against the Diamondbacks.
- The White Sox are in no hurry to move Jose Quintana. An interesting side note from this article is Astros’ owner Jim Crane suggesting the team could be more likely to trade away young talent after receiving two picks from the Cardinals.
- Boone Logan has signed with the Indians on a one year deal.
- According to Statcast, Mets’ rookie Seth Lugo has more spin on his curveball than anyone else ever recorded.
- Japan’s Takuya Nakashima has one of the most interesting batter profiles in baseball as he looks to foul off pitches until he gets walked.
This actually might be the worst free throw of all time.
My fellow intern Ben wins cutest puppy award.