Good morning everyone! For some reason, it feels like it’s been ages since I last posted here. In reality, it’s only been a couple of days. It’s strange how a super eventful weekend can feel like it lasts a week.
Spring training games continue this week which is awesome. Let’s get you all caught up on what you may have missed from yesterday.
In Mariners news...
- Marc Topkin wonders why the Mariners and Rays have had so many trades together since Jerry Dipoto took the helm in Seattle.
- Dipoto continues to say nice things about pitching prospect Andrew Moore.
Dipoto on young arms who have impressed, "With all the power arms in camp, the one who stands out might be Andrew Moore."— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) February 26, 2017
- Guillermo Heredia made a lot of adjustments this offseason that could give him a new outlook in 2017.
- Here’s some highlights from yesterday’s 13-2 win over the Padres.
Around the league...
- Much like the Mariners, the Yankees are aiming to become younger and more flexible.
- Bryce Harper hit a home run into orbit yesterday.
- The biggest news yesterday from the Oscars was that the wrong winner was announced for the Best Picture category, making for a pretty awkward on-stage moment.