Good morning everybody! It sure feels good have real baseball around again, even if it doesn’t count. After listening to the game yesterday I’m seriously debating buying a plane ticket to Phoenix for spring break. Last year I made the trip and stayed with my grandma who turns 90 next October. At the time I assumed she would accompany me to a couple games over the course of the week, while I went to the rest by myself. However, she was right by my side for all six games. Grandma, if you’re reading this, we might have to shoot for seven this year!
Here are some links to get your Sunday started.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners won a baseball game and you can find the box score here.
- Below, you will find a couple highlights from said game.
Talk about opening Cactus League play with a BOOM. pic.twitter.com/8DT2Wb5oXe— Mariners (@Mariners) February 25, 2017
- Our very own John Trupin excLLusively asked Jean Segura how he likes his name to be pronounced. The answer might surprise you as Segura responded with “Yan.”
- Don’t blink...
Around the league...
- The Diamondbacks are making an impact beyond baseball with their Dominican Academy. Yesterday six more prospects graduated, receiving their high school diplomas.
- The Orioles may have already caught the dreaded injury bug as Michael Bourn will miss four weeks with a broken finger and Welington Castillo was scratched from yesterday’s game with neck spasms.
- The Pirates have named Gerrit Cole as their Opening Day starter.
- Former Mariner Mike Montgomery is being considered for a spot in the back of the Cubs’ starting rotation.
#Cubs discussing Montgomery and Anderson sharing 5th spot in rotation— Carrie Muskat (@CarrieMuskat) February 25, 2017
- Kelsey Plum became the new all-time leading scorer in women’s hoops. Here’s the shot that did it. Go Dawgs!