Hello folks! Today marks the final day before Cactus League play begins. I know I can’t wait to watch, even if the games are completely and utterly meaningless.
You know what isn’t meaningless, though? Some fresh news. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- As a fellow musician, I’m a little jealous of — and appalled at — Tyler O’Neill’s keyboard skills.
Around the league...
- In a fairly odd bit of news, Kyle Schwarber might bat leadoff for the Cubs this season.
- Top Red Sox prospect Andrew Benintendi learned to hit baseballs by hitting tennis balls with his dad.
- Major League Baseball is trying to get in on the live streaming game. The league is hoping to broadcast one contest per week through Facebook.
- David Ortiz could be moving onto the next stage of his career as a broadcaster for NESN.
- The White Sox are going to retire Mark Buehrle’s number this season. You do you, Chicago.
- Even though he has spent his entire career in the American League, Justin Verlander wishes he had the opportunity to hit every five days.
- Former NFL defensive back Sanders Commings has decided to pursue a baseball career. The hopeful outfielder just signed a minor league deal with Atlanta.
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is being considered as a sports talk show host in New York City.