Good morning everyone! I hope you all got a good night’s rest and are ready to start the day.
Speaking of sleep, The Huffington Post had a study a few years ago on certain factors that lend to good sleep. One of the tricks is something I’ve employed for years: sleeping with a fan on. Regardless of the temperature or the season, I always have a fan on either medium or high to provide ambient noise for my rest.
The fan also helps to keep me cool, as I tend to run hot during the night. The piece talks about a lot of different things which are certainly interesting, and I’m curious to hear what kind of habits you guys have that help you sleep.
Beyond that, let’s take a look at some of the latest stories from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s some video of Mariners prospect and reining Northwest League Player of the Year Eric Filia getting some swings in.
- Here’s some more video of King Felix getting his workouts in.
Count down to pitchers and catchers. Is he ready? You bet your ass he is. The hard work continues. #GTA #ihavethekeys #iamthebox #ironglenn #cyyoung @therealkingfelix34 @ncboomstick23 @robinsoncano @dbetances68 @mariners @gedlc @josephehache @bigbluegators @bblevs16 @yolie.e @yunitogurriel @yunigurriel @el_yuly10 @fran_cervelli @el_melky @eduardonunez15 @eduardreyesj01 @cc_sabathia52 @c_cabral11 @benoitjoaquin @jordannorberto @jorgepena20
Around the league...
- Apparently the Padres set up their promotional schedule for 2017 to be purposely boring. I don’t understand why on earth a team would shoot themselves in the foot like that.
- Which World Series Game 7 was the best of all time? Shane Tourtellotte at The Hardball Times goes in-depth on some of the greatest games in postseason history.
- Some unfortunate news for World Baseball Classic fans: Japaense superstar Shohei Otani will sit out for the competition.
- Nick Stellini at Fangraphs wonders if Giancarlo Stanton will ever get to 500 career home runs.
- I’m trying not to make this click-baity, but Jeff Sullivan looked at the best pitcher hitting season since the DH era started, and the result struck me as pretty strange.
- The Cardinals and Carlos Martinez have come to an agreement on a five-year contract extension.
- As if the Rangers couldn’t get more annoying, Texas is reportedly in trade discussions with the White Sox over starter Jose Quintana.
- Sam Miller at ESPN delves into Victor Martinez’s baserunning, which is pretty awful.
- There are so many strange things about this image below. What’s the weirdest part?