Good morning everyone! I hope you’re having a great weekend. Yesterday the Mariners were chased indoors by the rain, but hopefully they can get back out on the field today for the first full-squad workouts.
Let’s see what else went on around the baseball world.
In Mariners news...
- Being shut inside due to rain gave Nelson Cruz plenty of time to pick out his new office supplies.
- Leonys Martin didn’t report to camp with the rest of the position players. His absence is excused due to personal reasons.
- Like you, Robbie can’t wait for opening day.
Quote from Cano on being ready to get back on the field. pic.twitter.com/kq62xNvQsu— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 18, 2017
Around the league...
- The Padres have agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with Jered Weaver. Weaver is pretty much done at this point, so I’m curious what the Padres feel they’re getting from this deal aside from possible clubhouse leadership.
- The Yankees won their arbitration hearing with Dellin Betances, but club president Randy Levine was a total ass about it. It’s your time to shine, LL. Roast this man. [Ed. note: I will start. This dude looks like John Candy crossed with a Mario mushroom.-KP]
- Jerry Crasnick discusses how the Indians’ pitching staff is working to avoid an October hangover after last years grueling postseason run.
- Angels owner Arte Moreno says the Angels won’t be leaving Anaheim any time soon, and that he anticipates having more money to spend on the team this year, which sucks.
- I’m not much of a mountain biker, but this dude is insane.