Good morning everyone! With pitchers and catchers reporting yesterday, we already have a lot of news coming in about various players from around baseball. Today, the Mariners’ pitchers and catchers will have their first workout. So be on the lookout for bullpen videos and more news.
Of course, I’ll keep you guys updated on the latest news if anything important goes down. Let’s take a look at what happened yesterday.
In Mariners news...
- Almost everyone was accounted for at M’s camp yesterday.
Servais says all #Mariners pitchers and catchers expected to report today except veteran reliever Jean Machi, who has some travel issue,— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) February 14, 2017
- Apparently Steve Cishek’s injury was more serious than we were led to believe.
Steve Cishek had more than labrum repair in his hip. He also had microfracture surgery to repair more damage— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 14, 2017
- Tony Zych looks to be on track to return to action sometime before Opening Day.
Tony Zych (shoulder surgery) is hoping to throw a bullpen in a few weeks and be pitching in games by end of Cactus League— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 14, 2017
- Felix is heading into this season with a goal: shut the haters up.
- Scott Servais says the team’s new motto this year is “Whatever It Takes.”
Around the league...
- Taijuan Walker lost his arbitration case.
walker lost his arb case. he gets the $2.25M the dbacks suggested, not the $2.^M he proposed— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) February 14, 2017
- Some unfortunate news for Cardinals fans as it was revealed yesterday that top pitching prospect Alex Reyes has a partial tear in his throwing elbow. The youngster has decided to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- In strange injury news, Royals pitcher Brian Flynn is out for eight weeks after falling through a roof.
- For all of you video game lovers out there, MLB 17 The Show features some pretty awesome graphics.
- Nick Swisher and Grady Sizemore have unofficially retired from baseball. The two players are now working as instructors with MLB organizations.
- Grant Brisbee says we should watch out for the A’s bullpen. It might wind up being better than we think.
- Some sad news in baseball as Ron Gardenhire has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. We wish him the very best in his recovery.
- Former University of Washington standout Terrance Ross got dealt from the Raptors to the Magic yesterday in exchange for Serge Ibaka.