Happy Sunday everyone!
Some of you might already know him from Field Gulls, but my friend Mike Bar is somewhat of a master at creating hype videos. Take a look at his newest Mariners teaser:
Here are the rest of today’s links.
In Mariners news...
- Ryan Divish writes about the relative stability of this year’s bullpen to those of the past. Here’s to hoping the M’s can build on last year’s success.
- Greg Johns takes a shot at predicting the Opening Day 25-man roster. Nothing here really comes at a surprise, but it’s nice to see the roster laid out in full.
Around the league...
- The Dodgers weren’t done after signing Franklin Gutierrez, as they have also agreed to a one-year deal with Chase Utley.
- Mike Ilitch, owner of the Detroit Tigers and Red Wings, passed away yesterday.
- For anyone who enjoys a good sports back story, it doesn’t get much better than Michael Lorenzen’s first pitch home run after the passing of his father.
- The Rangers signed Anthony Bass to a minor league contract with a Spring Training invite. Bass spent last season in Japan after being released by the Mariners.
- Remember Jimmer Fredette? Apparently he’s averaging 37.3 points per game in China.