Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday! Let’s get right to the links for today.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners officially met with Shohei Ohtani yesterday morning. Ryan Divish has all of the details.
- Larry Stone thinks Mariners fans have a right to be cautiously optimistic about the M’s chances of landing Ohtani.
- The Mariners will be focusing on more than Ohtani at the upcoming Winter Meetings, notes Greg Johns.
- Enjoy, Robbie!
Robinson Cano is in Jerusalem right now and holy crap this is amazing— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) December 5, 2017
(via Cano's instagram) pic.twitter.com/RAUdWZKi5c
- Cano isn’t just riding camels, though.
@RobinsonCano of the #SeattleMariners visiting the #israelbaseball enrichment program practice, met with the players, took BP and signed a lot of autographs. What a great visit from a great player. Thank you Robinson and your family for spending time with us. pic.twitter.com/6gnqOeA5Sf— Israel Baseball (@ILBaseball) December 5, 2017
- This sure looks nice...if only they can make it happen.
Around the league...
- Many people assume this means the Angels won’t be able to make a play for Ohtani, but teams are allowed to use next year’s bonus money for the former Braves prospects.
Kevin Maitan, signed by the Angels today, is considered to be the best of the free agents stripped from the Braves.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 5, 2017
Another former Braves prospect, shortstop Livan Soto, is going to the Angels: https://t.co/aqYtMppeu4— Ben Badler (@BenBadler) December 6, 2017
- Right-handed pitcher Yefri Del Rosario, a former Braves prospect, found a new home in Kansas City yesterday and his reasoning for signing there is awesome.
Rosario had multiple offers and turned down more money to sign with KC. The reason? His baseball idol was Yordano Ventura and he wants to pitch in the same organization where his hero once pitched. https://t.co/VRy0EkdGSL— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) December 5, 2017
- Former Braves GM John Coppolella broke his silence and apologized for his actions that led to his firing.
- Only one team is left. They’ll meet with Ohtani today.
- Just as we were discussing Miles Mikolas yesterday...
- San Francisco sure is offering a pretty penny for Giancarlo Stanton.
SourceS : Full trade offer from SF to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton.— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) December 5, 2017
Heliot Ramos (1st noted by @JoeFrisaro )
Christian Arroyo @jonmorosi had 250 mil 1st@clarkspencer had some combo of this deal also.
- Grant Brisbee takes a look at why Giancarlo might prefer to play for the Giants.
- Leonys Martin signed a major league deal with the Tigers.
- Chris Young (the pitcher) is planning a comeback!
Free-agent RHP Chris Young is still planning to pitch in 2018 after being cut by the Royals midseason, per source.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) December 6, 2017
- Every time I watch this gif I become more amazed that someone was able to make this happen.
Extreme Thomas is our new favorite sport pic.twitter.com/4bPidJdCbp— SB Nation (@SBNation) December 5, 2017
- ESPN offers some potential names for an NHL team in Seattle (if they get one soon).