Good morning folks! T.G.I.F.! We’ve got a small dosage of links prepared for you on this fine Friday. So let’s get crackin’.
In Mariners news...
- James Paxton was one of the sport’s most effective fly-ball pitchers last season.
Around the league...
- Early yesterday morning Miguel Sano was accused of sexual assault by a former photographer for a Minnesota publication. She insists the Twins had no knowledge of the incident, which means the team’s recent attempts to trade him have been completely coincidental. It’s not likely they’ll find another destination for him now. More importantly, the MLB has some work to do on this matter.
- Amazin’ Avenue makes the case for Johan Santana to enter into the Hall of Fame.
- The Astros’ victory in the World Series cost Las Vegas a whole lot of money thanks to the betting markets.
- The Marlins have begun to field more calls on their remaining star players: Christian Yelich and J.T. Realmuto. Nobody wants Justin Bour though, I guess.
- Washington State got blown out by Michigan State in the Holiday Bowl yesterday, thanks to a number of key contributors for the Cougars not participating in the game.