Good morning folks! It’s still a relatively slow-moving news cycle around the sport, so bear with us. I expect things to pick up once we get into the new year. For now, here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- To arms, people who have Twitter accounts! Help out a Mariners prospect who’s working for a good cause. To learn more about Braden’s cause, visit his website.
- Hugs are good for you. Just ask Mike.
FREE HUG ANYONE??? A simple hug is responsible for the release of oxytocin, which is beneficial for stress levels, heart health, and more. It is released by your pituitary gland and can help to boost your emotional and physical health. Give a hug and makes someone's day! pic.twitter.com/DJviw6b7tB— Michael Marjama (@MMarjama) December 28, 2017
Around the league...
- Jose Altuve has been named the Male Athlete of the Year by the Associated Press.
- Twinkie Town expects that the Twins could be looking to deal star slugger Miguel Sano.
- Beyond the Box Score thinks that Scott Rolen deserves a longer look than the voters have been giving him so far.
- The Giants would make the perfect Jacoby Ellsbury trade partner, notes Pinstripe Alley.
- Rumor has it that the Yankees pitched a trade offer for Michael Fulmer and the Tigers rejected the deal.
- Wait, you two know each other?
Good morning to no one,— Andrew Spena (@iamsosorry) December 27, 2017
except Laura Dern and Baron Davis pic.twitter.com/JumJbY9Dmr
- Nope nope nope nope nope
My aunt got a google home for Xmas & she already has “Alexa”. This morning we were messing around with the google home and asked, “okay google what do you think of Alexa” and it answered “I like her blue light” and from across the room Alexa turned on and said “thanks”. im scared— allison (@AllisonCalhoun1) December 25, 2017