Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a pretty quiet day in baseball. The Yu Darvish news has slowed down some, although reports indicate he’s planning on meeting with the two Texas teams soon. We haven’t heard anything from the M’s on that front, so we can only assume they’re not interested right now. We’ll see how it develops. Otherwise, here are some other links to get your Wednesday started.
In Mariners news...
- Unfortunately, the Mariners will not be holding FanFest this winter due to renovations taking place at Safeco Field. They’re planning to bring FanFest back in 2019.
- Here’s a little throwback for you.
2017 Ninja Award--Best Warmup Pitch. Thyago Vieira. ⚾️— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) December 19, 2017
2017 Ninja Award--Best Deadpan Reaction to a Warmup Pitch. Gary Cederstrom. pic.twitter.com/uzmqPdBJdx
- Dan Altavilla stood in for Santa in his local community.
Around the league...
- A Tim Lincecum comeback attempt appears to be on the horizon.
- The Kirkland, Washington native will be heading back to San Francisco.
Giants re-sign Nick Hundley to a one-year deal. Expected.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) December 19, 2017
- Baseball America interviewed the president of the minor leagues about a variety of topics.
- Congrats, Adrian!
The Dallas-Fort Worth BBWAA has announced that Adrian Beltre is the recipient of the 2017 Harold McKinney Good Guy Award and Austin Bibens-Dirkx is the 2017 Rangers Rookie of the Year.— John Blake (@RangerBlake) December 19, 2017
- Jeff Sullivan thinks it’s time for Ketel Marte to have a breakout season in 2018.
- Rangers starter Martin Perez is expected to miss four months with an arm injury he sustained in a farm accident back in Venezuela.
- The Mets have kicked the tires on signing the recently-released Adrian Gonzalez.
- Derek Jeter held a town hall meeting for Marlins fans, and Marlins Man showed up ready to rumble.
- Poor guy.
honestly the Star Wars saga is just the story of three generations of people bullying c3po— Alexandra Petri (@petridishes) December 19, 2017