Do you want to know what’s a bummer. Walking to my car in the mornings with a sheet of frost on my windshield and having to wait for it to defrost. I personally wish it would just snow instead of do this unbearably cold but dry nonsense. How do you feel about snow? How do you feel about links?
In Mariners News...
- Dee Gordon’s Instagram story featured his outfield glove.
- Braden Bishop partnered with the Ronald McDonald House and Progressive Motion Physical Therapy for his Toy Drive, taking place December 18th.
I’m super honored and excited to have partnered with @RMHStanford and @ProgMotionPT to bring toys to the children at Ronald McDonald House this holiday season! Our first annual Toy Drive is upon us! More details to come! pic.twitter.com/6iTGI7smM1— Braden Bishop (@bradenbishop7) December 9, 2017
- Here’s a fun Edgar Hall of Fame campaign stat.
Edgar Martinez is 1 of 9 players in Major League history to collect at least 2,000 hits, 500 doubles, 300 home runs, 1,200 RBI and 1,200 walks with one club. #EdgarHOF— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) December 9, 2017
More: https://t.co/xwww8Rgm7x pic.twitter.com/zZTUUzMdSn
Around the League...
- The American League is becoming the National League because a group of super teams are emerging from the rest.
- Here’s a report of the prospects involved in the Giancarlo Stanton deal.
- Shohei Ohtani values the process.
- Christian Yelich responded to the Stanton news.
— Christian Yelich (@ChristianYelich) December 9, 2017
- Christian Yelich may soon have another trade to react to on Twitter.
- The Stanton trade may have added Starlin Castro to the Angels’ trade market.
If Starlin Castro is going to the Marlins in the Stanton deal, that would seem to add another 2B to trade market for the Angels. He’s owed about $24M in next 2 years so anyone who wants to take all that salary can probably have him.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) December 9, 2017
- The Marlins won’t give the Yankees any money as a part of the Stanton deal until after 2020, as the money is conditional on Stanton not opting out of his deal.
On Giancarlo Stanton: Per trade terms, #Marlins won’t send #Yankees any cash during the next three seasons, as payments are conditional on him *not* opting out after 2020. @Joelsherman1 was first to report this. @MLB @MLBNetwork— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) December 10, 2017
- The Huskies take on Gonzaga tonight at 5:00 PM. The Dawgs took down the Jayhawks last week, and I can confidently say that this is the most hype I’ve ever felt heading into a basketball game since I’ve gotten to school.