Happy Tuesday folks! We’ve got some more rumors and minor moves to report, so let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- As we head towards the winter meetings, we’re gonna highlight one offseason plan from the fanpost section each day! Let’s start things off with Incredible Sulk’s offseason plan.
- Grant Brisbee thinks the Mariners are the most likely landing spot for Shohei Ohtani. Although he doesn’t seem to be very confident in that prediction.
Around the league...
- Given the choice, Giancarlo Stanton would like to be traded to the Dodgers. The good news of Stanton is that the Dodgers are the rumored frontrunner for his services.
- There have been some odd developments in the Stanton trade front.
A couple of MLB teams have gotten the sense there could be a resolution to the Giancarlo Stanton situation by the winter meetings Dec. 10. (Either the #Marlins trade him by then, or interested teams determine it's time to branch out and more actively explore their Plan B's).— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 27, 2017
Stanton's full no-trade clause, opt-out clause and the $295 million still owed him have made it a massively complicated proposition. But the #Marlins trade talks can only hold up the rest of the industry for so long.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 27, 2017
- Bradford Doolittle takes a look at some players who would benefit from being traded this winter.
- Adam Darowski dives into the Hall of Fame case for Scott Rolen.
- A couple of former Mariners arms (technically, three) have found new homes.
Congratulations to Jonathan Aro who has agreed to a minor league deal with the San Diego Padres.#Matosports— gene mato (@genemato) November 27, 2017
Dodgers signed switch-pitcher Pat Venditte to a minor-league deal, source confirms.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) November 28, 2017
- The Reds might make a surprise run at Japanese sensation Shohei Ohtani (I’m running out of ways to describe Japanese Babe Ruth, you guys).
- Sounder At Heart has a request for all Seattle sports fans: come support the Sounders in their quest to defend their MLS Cup Title.
- There are two weird things going on here.
Completely missed this yesterday and now I can’t stop watching pic.twitter.com/1YgvVV4EmY— Jasmine (@JasmineLWatkins) November 27, 2017
WHAT JUST HAPPENED pic.twitter.com/nZrGqHurfV— Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) November 28, 2017