Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Perhaps I should stop assuming that people are always reading these stories in the morning. Although “good morning” always feels like a nice way to start off the day of posting here at Lookout Landing. Regardless of when you might be reading this story, here are the links you came here for.
In Mariners news...
- A couple of top Mariners prospects are now minor league free agents.
- Congratulations Taylor and Melissa!
Around the league...
- Here’s Athletics Nation’s perspective on the trade from yesterday between Seattle and Oakland.
- Mega-agent Scott Boras met with the media at the GM meetings yesterday, and he had a lot of interesting things to say.
- That’s uhh...a lot of money.
Scott Boras says there have been no talks w #Nats about contract extension for Bryce Harper but he's willing to listen. The Nats ownership believe Harper in free agency would cost in excess of $500 million— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) November 15, 2017
- Major League Baseball announced its Cy Young Awards yesterday. Corey Kluber and Max Scherzer walked away with the honors.
- David Schoenfeld thinks we need to give Max Scherzer more respect.
- Jake Peavy is going to attempt a comeback to the big leagues.
- Travis Sawchik wonders what league Shohei Ohtani would be able to provide more value in (between the AL and NL).
- For some strange reason, Derek Jeter hasn’t even spoken to Giancarlo Stanton this offseason.
Larry Nance Jr. was a U.S. soldier's pen pal 14 years ago.— SB Nation NBA (@SBNationNBA) November 16, 2017
Tonight, he gave her his jersey. pic.twitter.com/Ca8hSRVDDQ
- More aww!