Good morning and happy Monday! Yesterday was a pretty absurd day in baseball, as both the Red Sox and Yankees fended off elimination from the playoffs. The latter did so in spectacular fashion. While you get ready for your day (and perhaps today’s slate of games), here are some links to keep you occupied.
In Mariners news...
- Nothing to see here. If you know of anything feel free to contribute in the comments!
Around the league...
- Well they can keep their paws (claws?) off Marjama!
Chunichi Dragons are looking after stateside catchers, namely Kyle Higashioka, Mike Marjama, and A.J. Jimenez https://t.co/6l692AiQfW— Kazuto Yamazaki (@Kazuto_Yamazaki) October 8, 2017
- There were rumors going around that Royals GM Dayton Moore might leave his post, but it will apparently take a pretty perfect situation for him to make a move.
- The Dodgers are considering shortening Clayton Kershaw’s playoff outings to increase his effectiveness.
- Pinstripe Alley wonders how Trevor Bauer managed to figure the Yankees’ young stars out.
- Somehow, Rafael Devers became the youngest Red Sox player to ever hit a home run in a postseason game.
- Aaron Judge can do it with the glove too.
#AllRise: Aaron Judge ROBS a home run. pic.twitter.com/zxMrimwC5s— YES Network (@YESNetwork) October 9, 2017
- Kirk Herbstreit doesn’t appear to be a fan of west coast sports.
Kirk Herbstreit fires back at assertion that Pac-12 hurt by late kickoffs, “You should be thanking ESPN” https://t.co/1mr3gKalIy pic.twitter.com/yObOtOzdwf— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) October 7, 2017
- NEW TRAILER TODAY! NEW TRAILER TODAY!
Get ready. Trailer tomorrow. #TheLastJedi pic.twitter.com/woC9KF4GH8— Star Wars (@starwars) October 8, 2017